Friday, July 3, 2015

HOTEL REVIEW - Travelodge Hotel Rockhampton

I came to Rockhampton for business and thought I'd try a 'new' hotel/motel for me and after looking at some prices, I found that the Travelodge Hotel Rockhampton had reasonable rates, and given that I have seen one of their room when visiting a friend and liking what I saw, I decided to give them a go!


The Hotel is ideally located right in the centre of town and has 74 rooms that overlook either the Fitzroy River and Rockhampton city.  It's central location affords easy walking distances to the River and other attractions such as the Pilbeam Theatre, Rockhampton Art Gallery and the Rockhampton Heritage Village museum.

All the rooms of Travelodge Rockhampton come with air conditioning, balcony, mini fridge, tea/coffee making facilities and satellite TV.  The hotel facilities include a fitness centre and an outdoor swimming pool.  On-site parking is free but there are very limited spaces and on busy days, additional off-site parking is available.








While I didn't eat on-site - I went to one of the many nearby river-front restaurants - there's a casual restaurant and bar with river views.

On the whole, I enjoyed my stay at the Travelodge Hotel Rockhampton - although I was a little disappointed by the dirty marks on the floor.  I also was disappointed by the lack of parking - while I didn't have to take one of the off-site carparks, I did manage to get literally the final spot in the carpark on more than one occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment