Thursday, December 1, 2016

HOTEL REVIEW - Sundowner Motor Inn - Rockhampton

UPDATE!  The Sundowner Motor Inn Rockhampton has now been renamed as The Q Motel Rockhampton.


For a weekend of plane spotting, I thought I'd give a different place in Rockhampton a try and after a quick online search I settled on the Sundowner Motor Inn.


'Sundowner' is chain of accommodation places and being impressed with one that I stayed at one few years ago I thought this place might be ok.  And it was.  It was ok but not spectacular!

The Motel is located on the Bruce Highway (Gladstone Road) and is situated away from the 'hustle and bustle' of the centre of town.  It is around 4km from the Airport and 2km from the centre of Rocky.

My first impression was that it would be pretty quiet - I arrived on a Friday evening around 8pm to find the reception closed for the night but with the proprietors 'on call' to enable me to obtain a key.


I believe I was given one of the executive rooms - I believe some have been upgraded - however my first impression was that this room was pretty much like most other motel rooms that I had stayed in.  The room was on the first floor up a narrow set of stairs which could be a bother for some older people or if you were to carry lots of bags!



There were two beds, a desk and chair, tea and coffee making facilities and a pretty small bathroom.  A sliding door led to a small private balcony.





There is WiFi in the room.

Some Family rooms offer self-contained kitchen facilities. Outside, there is an on-site BBQ outdoor area and laundry facilities available.

The motel features a restaurant which is available for evening meals along with a bar.  Complementary continental breakfast is also offered in here which I had and was impressed with the wide range of options available.



I did enjoy my couple of nights at the Sundowner Motor Inn Rockhampton.  The bed was comfortable and facilities quite good - especially the complimentary breakfast.  Surprisingly the possible noise from the busy Bruce Highway was pretty much non-existent.

This motel certainly loves up to its 'reputation' as being one of the the best value places in Rockhampton! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment